The magnetic separator is a stunner for material removal and purification. It is widely used in the industry and its versatility is also very high. However, if the magnetic separator is improperly operated during use, or if necessary maintenance is not carried out, some failures will occur. If not eliminated in time, it will affect production and cause unnecessary losses. In order to enable everyone to make better use of the magnetic separator, the following introduces you to the common faults and treatment methods of the magnetic separator
1. Obstacles are entered into the magnetic separator, the lighter ones will mark the drum skin, and the heavy ones will jam the drum or scratch the drum skin. When this phenomenon occurs, stop and remove the obstacles immediately. It is strictly forbidden to drop bolts, nuts, iron wires and other metal objects into the magnetic separator. In order to prevent large ore from entering the dry magnetic separator with the slurry, a sieve plate should be added to the mine to block the large chunks and debris, and often Clean up
2. Mechanical faults, such as wear of transmission gears, motor faults, etc., should be discovered and repaired in time.
3. The mouth of the blow-off water pipe at the bottom of the semi-counterflow tank is sometimes caused by calcium build-up. The ore deposits at the mouth or the working gap is blocked. If this problem is suspected, stop and check. Sometimes the blow-off water pipe is not blocked, but there is a working gap in the working gap. Blockage, the fault phenomenon is that there is no concentrate on the tube skin, and high pressure water can be used at this time
4. A leak is ground somewhere in the tank, such as a leak in the middle layer of a semi-counter-flow tank or a tailing pipe. The raw ore will short-circuit into the tailings and increase the grade of the tailings. If the position suddenly rises and stays high
5. The magnetic block in the cylinder of the magnetic separator falls off. At this time, the cylinder makes a clicking sound. The cylinder skin is scratched. At this time, stop the machine for maintenance immediately. To prevent the magnetic block from falling off again, you can use a thin copper sheet to hold the magnetic tie during maintenance
6. If the magnetic separator has been used for many years, and the tailings grade is found to be gradually increasing when the nature of the original ore has not changed, it may be because the performance of the magnetic block is degraded and the magnetic field strength is reduced. The field strength of the magnetic separator can be measured. If the magnetic field strength decreases too much, it should be magnetized.